27 November 2017

8 LIFE LESSONS TO TAKE INTO 2018

prince harry engaged

It was my birthday yesterday, I planned to put up this post yesterday but I was too busy partying (just joking). I thought it would be really nice to share some of the life lessons I have learnt this year. While writing this post, I got side tracked by the very important and breaking news that PRINCE HARRY AND MEGHAN MARKLE ARE ENGAGED!!!!!!!!! This is amazing, how do I get my very own prince charming?

Back to business, I turned 28 on the 26th November. I thought I would be really sad about turning older but 28 isn't old at all and I hate the pressure society puts on us to have all our shit together by the time we are 30. To be honest, turning older is a privilege that not a lot of people have.

This year has been quite a whirlwind, it's just gone by so fast. Before I go on and on, just best that I get into the lessons:

1. Life is unexpected, always expect the unexpected:
At the end of 2016, I had very big plans and nothing has gone the way I was expecting it to. I was in a job that I was happy in, I thought that I would progress in that company. If I am being honest, it was my safe job. I felt super comfortable and then I got fired! It was the worse news (at the time it felt like it), it came out of nowhere (totally unexpected)! But to my surprise, I was really proactive and just brushed it under the carpet and went out of my way to prove to everyone that I was ok and had a handle on everything. I could give you all the deets but what I learned is that planning is great but don't beat yourself up if they don't go to plan essentially. Life has a way of working itself out, you just have to work for what you want. If you were wondering, I am definitely in a better position and onto doing bigger and better things and I am very very excited for the future!!!! I think that my post on rejection goes really well this lesson, check that out (of course after you have read this post, gonna leave the link here).

2. If you have an idea, go for it!
Life is too short and time just flies by! So if you have an idea or you want to start doing xyz, do it! Because tomorrow isn't guaranteed. I am taking my ideas and putting them into action and I haven't ever felt more passionate or excited about the future. It's hard to start off anything, but that is the hard part. Trust me, make that plan of action and do it. There will be hurdles and you will get over those hurdles because there is an abundance of resources and help at your command.

3. You have to be your biggest rock:
No one else has your back like you do. You will always be there for yourself. The hardest Lesson I learned this year was that you can't rely on anyone, that seems a little harsh but it's true. Everyone has there own thing going on and their own set of problems. You can be there for each other but,  at the end of the day you can always rely on yourself. My downfall was that I was relying on others far too much, and I would feel so disappointed and upset when they didn't live up to my expectations (this sounds so crazy, I know) and that is nothing do with them but more myself.

4. There is nothing wrong with a little self-promotion:
This point goes really well with the last point. You have to be your own champion. Something I learned early on in blogging, was that if you don't promote yourself, no one else is going to do it for you. There is so much noise online today, if you have 10 tweets linking back to your site only a very very small percentage of people will see that. Go for it, you have to get yourself out there to be noticed! Promote yourself and your craft whereever and do as often as you need to do it!

5. There is always gonna be someone that is better, prettier and younger than you: 
I am really dishing out the harsh truths today, I am sorry. It's true though, and when everyone's very glamorous and perfect lifestyle forced onto us in every corner, it's hard not to find yourself comparing yourself to them. It's hard, I am not going to sit here and lie to you guys, comparison is a right pain in the backside. You just have to try to be the best version of yourself, work harder and remember that it's good enough.

6. Manners don't cost a thing:
People always say that I am a nice person and that really used to offend me. I thought it was boring but you know what being nice is underrated. Some people are just horrible. Come on people, manners don't cost a thing I promise you. Also, being nice to others doesn't take anything away from you. Be nice, it's a good thing trust me!

7. Adult friendships are precise, don't neglect them:
People come and go, friends disappear. It's part of life, people drift and you outgrow each other. Making friends as an adult si nothing like the good old days. So prioritise the friends that you do have. You don't have to live in each other's pockets but make the time to see each other, reply to their messages. It's the small things, no one has time for big gestures. Good friends are hard to come by, so keep them close.

8. Life is too short to be stressing over society's ideals: 
I am that person that will try to please everyone. I have been known to put other's opinions and feels before mine. Not a good thing. I have been so busy living to fulfill society's, and everyone's else standards that I haven't forgotten about me. Start living for yourself (that is so cliche) and forget about everyone else. You set the standards and live life how you want to, remember it's your life!

I hope you all had a great weekend and lovely day on my birthday. Until next year, 26th November.

No comments :

Post a Comment