11 July 2017

FOOLPROOF MAKEUP FOR SWEATY DAYS


The weather was insane last week when I planned to write this post and today it's a completely different story. When it gets to a certain degree applying your makeup becomes a mission - and that is just the application and keeping your makeup on is a whole different story.  When the weather is so beautiful, I want to spend my time outside and so I always tend to opt for makeup that is quick, easy and that will not melt off my face. 

I almost always stay away from heavy bases, especially whenever the weather is our favour. I have a love/hate relationship with primers and there are very few that I actually use (I sound like a right primer snob, let me know if you want to write up a post about my favourite primers). However, there is one that I always go back to the Pixi Flawless Face Primer (THE BEST PRIMER EVER). It doesn't feel like your typical primer, it's more of a moisturiser. It leaves your skin, absolutely flawless, smooth and reduces the appearances of any visible pores. When I tend to go for a light base, I don't even bother with a primer.



Makeup Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation is my current favourite summer base. I don't think I have heard anyone talk about this, in fact, I didn't know it existed. It's more of a tint than a foundation. The weightless formula glides smoothly onto the skin resulting in a natural fresh finish. It requires minimal effort but still has good coverage. For extra coverage, if I need itI have been using the MAC Select Cover Up Concealer. Again, is super lightweight. It's the perfect concealer to finish off your look and it also doubles up as a great under the eye brightener.

This look is very minimal, and I want to keep my face as fresh looking as possible-plus imagine all that makeup melting off your face not a good look. For a hint of colour and to achieve that I have shit together look, I go for Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush in Coral Reef. Listen up, I know that the colour looks very intimidating in the pot but trust me it looks AMAZING on the skin. There is just something about orange coral shades and the way they look in the sun-so beautiful and it works on all skin tones.


Typically, I wouldn't go near an eyeliner but since this look is the completely bare minimum I thought why not. It will give you that I have put loads effort into this look, look without any of the effort. The reason, I don't mess around with eyeliner is that I am not good at it. I have tried and tried, seriously at one point I actually believed that it was eye shape that made it impossible for me to wear liner. The worst part is that I love love the look of eyeliner, and you can often find just staring at beautifully applied eyeliner. Alas, that was before the Lancome Grandiose Eyeliner came into my life. What's unique about it is that it has a bendable brush, which gives you better control and gives you better access to the lash line. For me, I still can't achieve the perfect wing liner but this liner helps me to achieve something that I can work and I don't end up looking like a 5-year-old has helped with my liner.


This is one of my favourite mascaras, I reach for it almost every day. The Marc Jacob Velvet Noir mascara gives you fuller, thicker really really black lashes every time. I recently got lash extensions, which have been an amazing beauty hack, especially for the summer time (check out the experience here).

Carrying on with the theme, for the lips I have been reaching for an old classic the Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous lipstick in the shade 122. There is just something luxurious about using Chanel lipsticks, makes me feel like a proper lady (not that you need a Chanel lipstick to feel like a lady). For my skin tone and colouring, it's the perfect nudeish shade and it looks great all time - perfect for when you haven't time to fuss.

Let me know what your summer makeup staples are.

Zeynab x

No comments :

Post a Comment