15 November 2015

CREATE THE PERFECT WINTER GLOW: FAVOURITE WINTER HIGHLIGHTERS

Victoria secret models
Highlighter for me is like the icing on the cake, the cherry on top, you get the picture. I am pretty plain and simple when it comes to my makeup, however I feel that highlighter just takes my finished look to a whole new level. It brings your whole look together beautifully and just adds a little something something. The humble highlighter is most definitely having a moment right now, and rightly so. It is certainly the golden era (in terms of makeup trends) and I say the more the better (on the other hand looking like a glitter ball is not a good look).

I am all about the glow all year around, I just spent the last paragraph literally gushing over a makeup product I think you would have know by now that I love highlighters. Achieving dewy and glowing skin is undoubtedly easier in the summer, it's called the summer glow for a reason. But who said we can't achieve that same look in the colder months? Even though I love that glow, I am never one to over do it. Everything in moderation, key to life and makeup of course.


My highlighter collection is rapidly increasing and there is no signs of it slowing down any time soon, don't know whether I should feel proud or slightly worried. Whenever I want to pack a punch, I reach for the Mary- Lou Manizer by The Balm. This is an amazing highlighter (check out my full review here), and my go to whenever I am going for an evening look. I really like the consistency, I know it's a powder but it doesn't feel chalky and glides on almost like butter onto the skin. It leaves the skin with a noticeable golden luminescence glow. On the opposite end of the spectrum is the Mac soft & gentle highlighter. The highlighter that kicked started my obsession with highlighters. This is a smooth satin like powder which goes onto the skin effortlessly, the finish result being a natural looking iridescent sheen, creating that glow from within look. I would wear this everyday.

In the presence of the cold weather,  you need something that will add that healthy warmth back to your skin. The B. Glowing Shimmer block in Bronze gives you that healthy I just got back from a tropical Island look. I almost use it as a bronzer, but go in with a light hand. It does contain fine pieces of glitter however it never that translates onto the skin. It's a two-in-one product, perfect for the convenience. Talking about convenience, highlighting blushers are just the best. I am obsessed with the Nars Orgasm blush, it's a beautiful warm pink with golden shimmer (I can't believe it took me this long to pick it up) and a more recent addition is the Mac sheertone shimmering blush in ambering rose. This colour is so up my street a natural barely there blush with a golden shimmer running through it. These blushers serve to add some warm, a little colour and that golden sheen that I am after. Most mornings, I don't have the luxury of doing my fully makeup and these products means that you can miss a step and who doesn't want that extra 5 minutes in bed?



Let me know how you create that summer glow in the colder months?

Zeynab x

  

No comments :

Post a Comment