24 June 2015

The Convenient Eyeshadow

When it comes to eyeshadow, I am will be the first to admit I am not the best at creating an amazing eyeshadow look (blending eyeshadow actually hurts my wrist). So if I am going to apply eyeshadow, you can bet it's going to be something simple and really convenient. 
Creamy eyeshadows are the bomb, they make eyeshadow application really really convenient, easy and leave you with a finish that looks like you have put in some serious effort. I have four current creamy eyeshadow favourites, which I have been rotating at the moment. Also in the summer creamy eyeshadows are my go to because they last really well in the heat.  

The Maybelline Colour Tattoos is a blogger favourite, and rightly so. I have the colour on and on bronze which is a beautiful light bronze shade, especially on my skin tone (I have a darker skin tone). If you want something seriously long lasting, then you want to check this out. It lasts so well I think it would probably keep in place for the next day if I didn't wash it off. On days where I want something fool proof, I definitely reach for the Maybelline colour tattoo, all I have to do is pat on a little onto my lids and blend slightly to get rid of any harsh lines and I am done. It has a beautiful almost metallic finish, which looks like you have done some serious blending with more than one shade. Seriously beautiful, I would definitely recommend you checking these eyeshadows out. They don't have the biggest colour range but there are some lovely shades available. 

The most recent addition to my stash is the MeMeMe Enchanted Eye Pencil* (in woodland smoke) which is incredible. I received this a while back but it was just sitting in my drawers for a while until I saw a swatch someone posted on twitter. I decided to get it out and give it a little try and I was really really surprised. They are incredibly smooth and glide onto the eye lids effortlessly. I have already ordered a couple more colours and the pencil in burnt amber looks right up my street. If I want something quick and easy I grab for this I love the lighter colour it has a hint of purple which looks beautiful with brown eyes. Again this requires very little blending, which makes me love it that much more. 

easy eyeshadows to use for starters how to use eyeshadow
From Left to Right: B.Stunning, Maxfactor Shimmer Excess, Maybelline Colour Tattoo, Calvin Klein Cream Shadow, MeMeMe Enchanted Eye Pencil. 
I feel really bad including this one because it's discounted but how beautiful is this Calvin Klein cream shadow? I am loving orangey shades this summer. This is the perfect wearable bronzy orange shade and it looks AMAZING on the eyes (I will stop here because otherwise I will go on and on and it's really not fair). Another of the more bolder colours is this beautiful bronzy brown from the Maxfactor Excess Shimmer range in the colour bronze. This one has a more a mousse like texture, it's very soft and there is the possibility of it getting very messy. I will use this if I am going out or I wanna look a little fancy, it's perfect for that. I use a brush with this, it's just so much easier and less messy that way. I love doing a brown smokey eye with this shadow, you get this beautiful effect and that golden shimmer running through just makes it extra pretty.

Lastly on the list we have the B. Stunning Vibrant Eye Shimmer in Lizzie 192 , which is more of a everyday eyeshadow. This is such a pretty golden creamy colour with gold and pink shimmer running through it. I like to dab a little onto my eye lids and blend. It doesn't look like I am wearing very much on my lids but it just gives it that little something something (basically a nice wash of colour and shimmer). My only problem with this one, is that it does dry up quite quick even though it's still workable and quite easy to blend.

Let me know if you are a one eyeshadow type of girl or you really like going to town?

Zeynab x

P.S check out my go to  summer makeup look, it's really pretty.
                             
                                           

6 comments :

  1. These all look so pretty. I've been loving cream eyeshadows recently, they're so easy to use and look so pretty.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness- I want them all! I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to make up- especially during the summer- but these (especially the color tattoo) seem like the perfect thing to just swipe on for an effortless, beautiful look.
    Also- I'm loving the little copper sun that you photographed with- so cute!!
    Mara Kameron
    www.theminimalistlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am def not the best at eyeshadow looks but I am trying to learn - some of these products look fantastic though, I will be adding a few to my wish list. Thanks for adding this post to #abeautyloverslinkup - don't forget to pop back and check out the other bloggers posts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. your photos are gorgeous! i love a good cream eyeshadow, i've been wanting to try out a few of the mac paint pots for a while x

    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love on and on bronze, such a lovely shade. I have the Max Factor one in the 'copper' shade (it's actually more of a beige/light taupe shade but it's very pretty!). I like the one cream shade approach when it's too hot to be piling on the makeup but generally I pop one of those on the lid and add a little bit of a matte medium brown powder shadow into the crease. My eye shape is a little bit hooded so it makes me look a bit more wide awake with something matte in the crease, Em x
    http://themusingsofem.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete