26 February 2015

Updated Skincare Routine


I don't really mess around with my skincare routine, because my skin is just terribly reactive and one new product can mess my skin right up. But as a beauty blogger, I do have to try out quite a number of products, which can be a good thing as well as a bad thing. Since my last skincare routine post, (check that out here) I have made some slight changes and my skincare routine is much more simple now (which is probably best for someone as lazy as me).

I was a little wary about trying the REN cleanser, because it's clay based and a clarifying cleanser and with my dryish skin I didn't think that would work out so well. However I was pleasantly surprised, I was getting loads of break outs recently (out of no where) but this cleanser has been working really well for me. It doesn't dry out my skin at all, and it has definitely contributed to clearing up skin much much faster than it usual would. If you read my blog, you already now that I love the Body Shop creamy cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling really clean without drying it and really soft. I have a full review of that here.

I have only been using this moisturiser for around 4 weeks now, but it has quickly taken permanently residence in my routine. This moisturiser is aimed at sensitive and dry skin, which is perfect for my skin. The consistency of this moisturiser is slightly thick so you only need the smallest amount for your full face. Even though it's on the thicker side, it doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy at all in fact it has almost matte finish. It's a perfect base for your makeup because it leaves your skin smooth and it quickly absorbs into your skin. My t-zone is really dehydrated at the same time quite oily which is a nightmare, but this moisturiser works really with this because it's moisturising but not heavy or greasy.

I have been using the REN cleanser has a mask, which works really nicely actually. I am not a fan of manual scrubs because they can feel quite harsh but love how soft and smooth they leave your skin. I have been using this Cattier scrub once or twice a week, depending on how my skin is feeling.The particles are really fine, so it doesn't feel harsh on your skin and it leaves my skin feeling really soft and cleaning and looking much brighter. I love a good clay mask, and I have been using this Cattier yellow clay mask once a week, but more frequently when I have a breakout. It is really good at clearing up the impurities on your face and making it feel clean. Unlike most detox clay mask, this one is not drying or doesn't leave your face red.

Extras: Indeed Labs Retinol Reface & Balance Active Formula Hyaluronic 554 Youth Serum 
Retinol based products work really well with my skin (like), I find that when I am using a retinal based product in my routine my skin is much clearer and looks much brighter than it usual would. So I decided to give the Indeed Labs Retinol Reface a go, I really like the packaging it comes in. It's has a handy pump which makes it really easy to use and so hygienic. I have been using this as part of night time routine, it has a thin consistency and it feels really good on the skin almost cooling and refreshing. I have definitely noticed my skin looks much better, I am getting less breakouts, and my pores are clogged up. I have also been using a hyaluronic serum from Balance Active Formula. It's not a brand, I have tried before but I thought it would nice it because my skin is really dehydrated. I use it as part of my evening skincare routine, and it has definitely made my skin a lot less dehydrated and it doesn't feel as tight as it did before.

I love reading skincare routine posts, they are one of my favourite types of post because I am obsessed with skincare. My new skincare routine is working really well for me at the moment, it's really simple and not loaded with a a load of different products. Let me know if you use any of the products that I have mentioned.

Zeynab x
                                         

13 comments :

  1. Jenny // thatnortherngal26 February 2015 at 23:39

    I've just started using the REN cleanser and I'm really liking it xo


    Jenny // That Northern Gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the body shop tea tree cleanser! I definitely want to give the REN cleanser a try too!

    www.arietoki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really big on skincare these days as makeup can't hide bad skin as well as good skin can, if that makes sense xD I still haven't tried that La Roche Posay sunscreen you mentioned earlier but I will try my best to get ahold of it! Something that worked for me when my skin was dehydrated was using a much gentler cleanser without sulfates and adding in a glycerin-based mist. I have a particular recipe that I like but I'm still tweaking it a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I don't like to use new skincare products either, because my skin is also very reactive... but I've been loving the Liz Earle skin care... I highly recommend you try some of their products :)

    petalsofperfection.blogspot.co.uk

    Sophie

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, the photography on your blog is fabulous! I wish I could comment more on the beauty related products, but I literally have no clue LOL!
    Bee xxx
    www.queenbeady.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos! I also have that Balance serum and think it's gorgeous :) x

    Everything But The Kitchen Sink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, it's amazing and affordable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, you have made my day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I havent tried anything from Liz Earle before, i might have to check it out thank you for the recommendation.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are interested I have a unopened La Roche Posay sunscreen, that I could send you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have to try it out, and the body shop cleanser is just amazing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just bought a new sunscreen so I will be good for another 3 months. I appreciate the thought <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photography here lovely, and great skincare picks too. I really want to try out some Ren products, they're so highly thought of :)


    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete