11 January 2016

THE SIMPLE SKINCARE ROUTINE PERFECT FOR LAZY DAYS

oskia cleasning gel, clarins gentle toner vichy serum hydrating

If the return to work has you feeling a little worn out, you are most definitely not alone. I have been back to work for about a week now but I feel completely EXHAUSTED. When I come home from work the only thing I want to do is go to bed, and the last thing I want to take part in is an excessive lavish skincare routine. If like me, you are in a similar boat this routine might be interesting. I have significantly simplified my evening routine, that is seriously saying something about my relationship with my bed (we are ever so close).

The Really Good Cleanser: Oskia Reniassance Cleansing Gel
I absolutely adore this cleanser. The gel to oil formula feels luxurious on the skin, and does a really good job at getting rid of all your makeup. The formula is packed with an impressive blend of vitamins and enzymes that work to gently exfoliate and hydrate the skin, leaving your skin with that fresh-faced glow. This cleanser is all about radiance and the gel to oil formula is especially perfect for this time of year, which not only hydrates the skin but leaves it feeling lucidly cleaner without stripping it dry.

The Skin Changer: Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Toner
My skin has changed since introducing this toner to my routine. I have noticed almost instantly that my dark marks and scarring (thank you acne, I have a post on how to deal with hormonal breakout). The gentle formula works to remove dead skin cells to reveal a more clearer and brighter (definitely noticed both in my skin) and as the formula is gentle and moisturising (I know it's weird but it really is) so it works perfectly during this time of year.

Hydration in a bottle: Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum 
This serum has become almost like a permanent fixture on my blog lately. I certainly can't rave about it enough and rightly so. It's the perfect addition, if you feel like your skin is feeling dry and dehydrated (with this weather. it's no wonder). It adds an instant boost of hydration, without it feeling heavy or greasy. I would definitely recommend it to everyone, even if you have oily skin because the consistency is light.

The No Fuss Moisturiser: The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream 
I still haven't found 'the one' when it comes to moisturisers, but I have been really enjoying this offering from the Body Shop recently. It undoubtedly does the job, the consistency is almost like a thick lotion which I love because it absorbs into the skin instantly. Also it's not heavy, so you feel greasy or overloaded with moisturiser (nothing worse that) nonetheless it still does a great job at moisturising the skin and providing decent amount of hydration to combat the winter dryness. I should add that it's also fragrance free, and alcohol free and I haven't noticed any unwanted reaction with my skin.


Let me know what your simplified skincare routine consists of.

Zeynab x

No comments :

Post a Comment