28 December 2015

15 LESSONS TO TAKE AWAY FROM THIS YEAR


I can't describe how fast 2015 has gone by, literally it's been a blink of an eye. It's been an emotional year so many highs and lows, I feel I was on this constantly moving convent belt that didn't stop for anything. Which in a way was a good thing because I am the type of person that dwells far too much on even the smallest of issues and because this year was so paced I didn't get the chance to do so (saved me a lot of hair).

2015 has been a year of growth for me, it might a little cliche but through the whirlwind that has 2015 I have come to know myself little better and that can only mean good things for the future. Life is a funny little thing just when you think you finally have a grasp on it, it goes and teaches you a new lesson. Life is one big lesson, you are constantly going to evolving and learning new things. It's what you do with these lessons that matter the most.I wanted to share with you, some of the most valuable lessons that I have learnt this year.





1. You can't plan your life. Life is unexpected and things don't always go to plan but that is ok. 
2. Things always happen for a reason, sometimes you just can't see it.
3. It's a good thing to yes to risks.
4. It's ok to say no (I am such a people pleaser, I find it so hard to say no to people).
5. You have to live your life the way YOU want to.
6. Comparing yourself to others is never a good idea (NEVER).
7. It's ok to admit that you like Justin Bieber.
8. If you truly want something you have to go after it.
9. You don't need to have a big group of friends.
10. People say hurtful things, you don't need to CARE!
11. Liking spending time on your own doesn't mean you are a loner.
12. Admitting you need help, isn't a sign of weakness. 
13. You are not defined by what other people think of you.
14. You can always make more time, to do the things you want.
15. Sometimes you have to visualise your end goals. 

I am feeling really excited about 2016, things can only get better right? I hope you have had an amazing year and let me know what lessons you are taking away from 2015.

Zeynab x


Top image by Noah Basle

No comments :

Post a Comment