31 July 2015

TED TALKS TO LISTEN TO WHEN YOU ARE NOT FEELING GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF

bad days, feel good about yourself

Like everyone else, I have days where I feel 'blah' about myself and sometimes you just get stuck in that mood. I hate it when I get like this, I just don't feel like doing nothing and I get really lazy. I don't know why I get like that, of course most of the time it's because something has happened but other times I just get like that for no reason.

After lounging around for a little while, there is a couple of things I like to do to get me out of this horrible funk. I like taking a break, talking about it or going for a walk but what I really love to do is listen to some TED talks. TED talks launched in 1984 and stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design, and it's a speaker series that features ''ideas worth spreading''. There are over 1400 talks available on the TED's site, if you need an idea about where to start I have put together some of my favourite TED talks that will instantly make you feel better about yourself.

Gabby Giffords and Mark Kelly: Be passionate. Be courageous. Be your best.

''Yeah, it's amazing, it's amazing how everything can change for any of us in an instant. People don't realize that. I certainly didn't''.

Boniface Mwangi: The day I stood up alone.
 ''There are two most powerful days in your life: the day you're born, and the day you discover why. That day standing up in that stadium shouting at the President, I discovered why I was truly born, that I would no longer be silent in the face of injustice. Do you know why you were born? "

Tim Ferriss: Smash fear, learn anything. 

''So fear is your friend. Fear is an indicator. Sometimes it shows you what you shouldn't do. More often than not it shows you exactly what you should do. And the best results that I've had in life, the most enjoyable times, have all been from asking a simple question: what's the worst that can happen?''

Amy Purdy: Living beyond limits.

''It was this moment that I asked myself that life-defining question: If my life were a book and I were the author, how would I want the story to go? And I began to daydream. I daydreamed like I did as a little girland I imagined myself walking gracefully, helping other people through my journey and snowboarding again. And I didn't just see myself carving down a mountain of powder, I could actually feel it. I could feel the wind against my face and the beat of my racing heart as if it were happening in that very moment. And that is when a new chapter in my life began''.

I hope that you enjoy these and if you are feeling down about yourself that they help in making you feel better. Have a great Friday and make sure you enjoy your weekend. Also I just wanted to let you know that I will posting on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. I hope see you there, will you know what I mean.

Zeynab x

P.S I am definitely going to be some baking this weekend, check out weekend baking.
       
                                       

No comments :

Post a Comment