27 April 2017

TRANSITIONAL SKINCARE EDIT: HOW TO CHANGE UP YOUR SKINCARE FOR THIS SEASON





The weather has finally changed for the better (touch wood, it remains that way). It's definitely time to change up the old skincare routine. I have given my skincare cabinet a good old spring clean and put together a routine consisting of my favourite spring products that will guarantee to give my complexion a boost after a long grey winter.


Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel:
If isn't broken, don't fix that is my mantra when it comes to life. This is an old favourite and definitely not a stranger on the blog. This gel- to- oil formula melts into the skin to remove makeup and impurities. It is formulated with a blend of potent vitamins and enzymes, that work to gently exfoliate and hydrate the skin. Summer is all about healthy glowing skin and this cleanser contains the magic ingredient, Vitamin A. Vitamin A doubles up as an instant illuminator, leaving you with brighter, clearer and smoother skin.

Clarins Hydra - Essential Cream*:
I have a difficult time with moisturisers, never have I found one that I am truly obsessed with. However, this moisturiser my friends caters to all your summer skin woes. The weightless and soothing formula works against dehydration and dullness. This cream is enriched with kalanchoe extract, which works to boost the skin's Hyaluronic acid, ensuring your skin attracts and locks in more moisture. It also has the added benefit of SPF 15 providing a daily protection from UV rays as well as harsh environmental elements. It's light, and refreshing formula makes it ideal for the summer months.



Decleor Hydra Floral Moisturising SPF30 Fluid*:
This summer, I have vowed to be more conscious of SPF in my routine. We should all be wearing SPF daily, all year round but I am pretty lazy with it and a lot of formulas tend to break me out. If like me, you don't wear SPF daily, there is no better time to introduce a daily SPF into your routine. I have recently started to use this Decleor offering, which as well as providing protection against harmful UVB rays, it serves to hydrate the skin. The formula is enriched with Hyaluronic acid for optimum hydration. The lightweight and smooth texture applies and absorbs effortlessly into the skin. I am obsessed.

Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum*:
Wrinkles and lines are not at the top of my proirities when it comes to skincare, but I am 27 and they do say that the best cure is prevention. My skin reacts so well to retinol based products and they help to keep my breakouts at bay. Now to the scientific part, this serum is powered by retinol tri-active technology, which basically means that it consists of a fast- acting retinoid, a time -released retinol and a retinol booster. This lightweight yet potent formula has definitely evened out my skin tone. The serum also contains Hyaluronic spheres and Swertia flower extract, which work to hydrate the skin while leaving a youthful radiant glow. My skin is pretty reactive to all products, and so far no reactions or breakouts as a result of this product. Just to be safe, I use it 2 to 3 times a week.


Exuviance Triple Microdermabrasion Face Polish*:
I tend to stay away from manual face scrubs. However this one, not only is it gentle on the skin but it has the added benefit of relying on chemical and enzyme exfoliants which are more powerful. The papaya enzymes and glycolic acid work to get rid of impurities that contribute to congested pores and smooth out dry patches. I had this horrible dry patch, right between my eyebrows. I have been using this once a week and for the last couple of weeks and it's disappeared. This product is great, if like me you have old acne scarring and pigmentation. It stimulates cell renewal, leaving you with clearer, smoother and brighter skin with continued use.

Let me know your spring skin care favourites.

Zeynab x

No comments :

Post a Comment