6 January 2016

SEVEN BUDGET BEAUTY BUYS PERFECT POST CHRISTMAS

loreal collection makeup lipstick zoella berry lisptick

If the mandatory extravagant spending over the Christmas break has put a dent in your purse and has you restricting your spending. Then my selection of more affordable yet still exceptional products is just what you need. Your New Year beauty overhaul doesn't have to come with an excessive price tag. 

The Hydration Reboot: Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum 
I have very quickly come to know why this serum is a beauty blogger favourite, I am just kicking myself for not trying it out earlier. It's perfect for adding that much needed moisture to your skin (especially during this time of year) and given that it comes with a rather modest price tag, it's impressive. The consistency is very light and runny, which absorbs almost instantly into the skin. It's perfect especially if your skin is dehydrated but still kinda oily and doesn't do well with heavier consistencies. It works well to prevent and take action against dehydration as well as treat any dry skin. It's also well worth noting that the formula is both hypoallergenic and paraben-free, and I have sensitive skin and I have yet to have any issues with this product.  

The Glow Getter: Hylamide Booster Glow Serum 
This recent addition to my stash has fast become one of my skincare favourites. Unlike the conventional oil, it has a lighter, and undoubtedly non-greasy texture, which absorbs to leave your skin super silky and dewy looking. It's basically golden skin in a bottle ( and we could all do with that, basically get your Victoria secret model on) without the harsh chemicals of a DHA product. Surprisingly, it even works well before makeup. Admittedly, I was a little wary to begin with. I mean who would actually put an oil before they apply their makeup? It's crazy! it's the ultimate complexion perfecting booster, and it leaves you with that  glow from with in look perfect for the gloomy grey January days. 

thatgracegirl beauty budget friendly picks

The Lip Saviour: Ermana Refresh Lip Balm
They do say that the best things come in small packages, and that is certainly the case with this small wonder. One of the best lip balms. The Ermana Refresh Lip Balm* has been keeping my lips in check, a rich blend of natural butters which work to soothe, plump and hydrate even the sorest of chapped lips.

The Handbag Essential: The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector 
I never the house without a hand cream, The Body Shop hand creams are undoubtedly some of the best that the drugstore has to offer. This luxurious, thick creamy texture is ideal for combatting dry skin leaves you with super smooth and silky hands. Even though it's on the thick side, I found that it absorbs quick enough. It's not included in the photo, annoyingly I couldn't find it when I was taking the photos. 

The Early Morning Wake Up Call: Nivea Happy Time Shower Cream
After the Christmas break, you can say I am having a little difficulty leaving my bed in the mornings. I am undeniably in need of a strong wake up call to get myself into work in the mornings. I adore the scent of this shower cream. The sweet, fresh and revitalising scent of orange blossoms is ideal for getting you ready for the day and instantly making you feel more awake. I should also mention that it leaves your skin feeling really soft and creamy because of the luxurious consistency. 

This delicate rosy pale golden shadow, is perfect for achieving eyes that wide awake look (God only knows that I need it, I look like the living dead at the moment). KIKO eyeshadows are comparable to most high end shadows, the light and butter consistency blends exceptionally. I definitely think they are on par with MAC eyeshadows. 

I adore this lipstick, it's the perfect suit every skin tone bold berry lipstick. It's an absolutely steal at £2.99, but don't let that deter you. Because the quality of this surpasses most drugstore lipsticks, I kid you not. Applies evenly and leaves you with a matte yet comfortable finish. Not the longest lasting lipstick but the longevity is decent and it wears off really nicely. 

What are your must have budget friendly beauty products? 

Zeynab x

No comments :

Post a Comment