15 April 2015

Everyone is Talking About Ted Talks



Hi guys,
I don't know when I started watching TED talks but it certainly one of my better decisions. The talks are really inspiring, motivating and it's just amazing to listen to someone speak with some passion. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design, it is a speaker series which allows for people from all disciplines to share their ideas to promote positive change in attitude. TED was set up by non profit organisation in 1984 and it has grown massively, currently there is around 1700 plus talks  online. I have put together some of my favourite talks, just to give you guys a little taste into the TED world.

1. Elizabeth Gilbert: Your Elusive Creative Genius


Elizabeth Gilbert is one my favourite speakers, because she delivers  her talk with so much passion for what she is saying and she has this ability to really connect with the listener. Also she has voice that is really easy to listen to. In this talk the author of Eat, Love, Pray Elizabeth Gilbert discusses how society views creative genius and the destructive nature of this view.

2. Elizabeth Gilbert: Success, Failure and the Drive to Keep Creating
This was the first TED talk I watched, I can't remember exactly how I come across it. It a good thing I did because I was feeling quite unmotivated and upset with my work life at the time. After listening to this talk, I felt really inspired to not give up and preserve through failure. In this talk Elizabeth Gilbert discusses how to deal with failures which come after a huge success.

3. Brene Brown: The Power of Vulnerability


Brene Brown discusses the issue of vulnerability, and how allowing yourself to feel vulnerable is not always a bad thing and that there is some positive outcomes. I really enjoyed how this talk was delivered it was very lighthearted and personal and also it's something everyone can relate to.

4. Joe Kowan: How I Beat Stage Fright
   

This is such a cute video.  In this talk Joe Kowan graphic designer turned singer-songwriter discusses how he got over stage fright with his music.


5. Bryan Stevenson: We Need to Talk About an Injustice


In this video Bryan Stevenson addresses racial injustice specifically in the American justice system and the problems with punishment. I am not the biggest fan of prisons, I don't think it essential serves to help the people in this situation especially younger people. He also discusses the importance of African-American history and the need to discuss this part of history and learn from it.

Are you a fan of TED talks ? Let me know what your favourite talk is.

Zeynab x

2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for this post! I've seen people mentioning TED talks but was never sure what they were about. I'll definitely be giving them a go now - Elizabeth Gilbert's talks both sound great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem ! Elizabeth Gilbert is an amazing speaker and her talks are really inspiring.
      x

      Delete