28 June 2017

INFLIGHT SAVIOURS


Flying sucks for your skin, basically. I heard that water evaporates at a much faster rate up in the air, just imagine what it's doing to your skin. A couple of weeks ago, I made the long journey to Dubai. Ok, the journey was 8 hours long but that's 8 hours too long right? Being a beauty addict, I came well prepared for this battle. These are some of the products I took with me to make sure that I left that flight looking good, cos you know what they looking good is feeling good (or something like that, please correct in the comments below).




First things first, I never wear makeup to the airport. I mean I am no Victoria Beckham, there are definitely no paps waiting to snap me and I can't be bothered with taking it all off again. My in-flight grooming routine begins with cleansing of my hands, flying isn't the cleanest of experiences. I always make sure to take some form of antibacterial hand gel. I really like this one from Merci Hand Cleansing Gel* A cos it's tiny and B cos it's cute and this scent is super refreshing. I then go in with the RMS Beauty cleansing wipes made with coconut oil, the only ingredient. You know that it will nourishing rather than stripping your skin of moisture. These wipes are individually wrapped, making them perfect for travel because you don't have to carry a whole packet of wipes with you. They're easy, and gently remove any traces of makeup and travel grime.

In the perfect world, where I didn't care what people's opinion of me was I would definitely put on a hydrating sheet mask. But I opted for this Revitalising and Hydrating mask from NUGG* which is perfect because it's clear and no one thinks your freak even though all you want to do is take care of your skin. I let that sink into my skin, it's both soothing and stimulating because of the added peppermint oil and flaxseed oil. These masks are so handy, they come packaged in these small pots making it perfect for travelling. I follow it with a spritz of the Monu Rosewood Reviving Mist*. I sprayed it throughout the flight, who doesn't like a light mist?  It contains a blend of refreshing Essential Oils from Lemon and Rosewood to Sandalwood, Petitgrain, Geranium and Clary Sage, to work provide instant refreshment, lasting hydration and a sensation of cleanliness making it an ideal travel companion.



For moisturising, you want to take something that provides a healthy dose of hydration but also absorbs quickly into the skin. I applied the Balance Me Balancing Face Moisturising* which is hydrating, soothing without being thick or greasy. Both the Balance Me moisturise and the Monu mist came in the Look Fantastic box* and are usefully packaged in travel sizes. That is one the best perks of beauty boxes subscriptions.

I kept my lips happy and moisturised with the Burts Bee lip balm. My favourite type of product, simple but effective. I only had to apply it twice throughout the flight. I also brought along the Clarins Lip Perfectors in this orange shade for some colour and help me look human.

I might have mentioned once or twice already but since coming off Roaccutane, I am all kinds of dry. My eyes have been super dry also, which is incredibly irritating. I have been using this Artelac Rebalance Eye Drops*. Artelac Rebalance goes further than merely moisturising and also works to add nutrients that the eye needs including vitamin B12, magnesium and calcium. I never tend to sleep in flights and these drops also help calm redness and irritation.


Let me know what your inflight essentials are.

Zeynab x

No comments :

Post a Comment